Support for managers / HR / Staff association (Managerial Consultancy)
The Employee Assistance Plan EAP also serves the supervisors and human resources staff as a sparring partner in complicated management situations, organizational changes, conflicts or in the handling of difficult events such as sexual harassment, bullying, violence, serious accidents, crises, disaster.
Although the employee as a rule turns to ICAS on his own initiative, it is possible that supervisors, HR managers or team leaders refer an employee to ICAS – as an effective and well-meaning measure to reinstate the performance ability of an employee.
There are three different types of referral:
- Self-referral – the most common.
- Informal referral by a supervisor or HR – these encourage employees to use the ICAS EAP, but the performance of the employee, however, is not in question.
- Formal referral – Supervisors recommend the ICAS EAP in cases where work performance is affected.
The decision to make contact with ICAS ultimately remains with the employee, however. The decision is always voluntary. In a formal referral, where performance is the problem, the party making the referral only receives as feedback the information whether the employee has contacted ICAS or not.
2.1.2. Personal counseling sessions (Face-to-face Counseling)
In case of more complex emotional problems, the callers have the possibility to arrange for personal counseling sessions in the form of a clarifying, solution seeking, crisis counseling and/or short-term therapy (up to a maximum of 8 sessions). These take place with licensed psychotherapists nearby the workplace. If desired, these sessions can also be conducted on the telephone.
Qualifications of the ICAS Advisor Network
- ICAS has its own multilingual network of psychologists in Luxembourg. The criteria for selecting consultants are demanding. ICAS works exclusively with licensed psychologists, who have completed a theoretical and practical psychotherapeutic training according to the international PSL guidelines, are members of a professional association for psychology/ psychotherapy recognized in Luxembourg and have several years of professional experience.
- The ICAS advisors have experience in different disciplines and can provide help with issues in areas such as relationships, alcohol or drug addiction, grief, debts or trauma.
- All advisors must organize their own supervision pursuant to the requirements of the professional associations and must have liability insurance. They work in their own practice rooms, which are inspected by ICAS before they are accepted into the network.
It is the experience of ICAS that the introduction and the communication to the employees are among the most important elements of the Employee Assistance Program EAP. They determine the extent of acceptance and enthusiasm of the employees about the service.
Based on many years of experience, ICAS recommends that the introduction be undertaken with the following measures:
- Sending of an informational letter/e-mail to the employees (template can be made available by ICAS).
- Hanging ICAS EAP posters in breakrooms, dressing rooms or on bulletin boards – the posters with changing themes are sent 5x per year to the person responsible for EAP in your business.
- Posting of the EAP introductory film on your intranet page – the film is available in English and German and will be made available to you at no charge.
- Introductory presentation by ICAS via webinar for the employees (the presentation, including the question and answer period usually lasts about 30 minutes). The introductory presentation is not included in the EAP Pure online service package, but it can be purchased separately.
- Distribution of four-color information brochures to all employees. Printed EAP flyers are not included in the EAP Pure service package (only digital flyers), but they can be purchased separately for the EAP Pure All service.
ICAS will add the contact person on the customer side to the distribution list of the Manager Newsletter. We recommend that the Manager Newsletter is then forwarded internally by the contact person to the managers so that they can register themselves on their own.
2.1.4. Usage statistics and reports
ICAS provides your company annually after each contract period with the following information in Excel format:
- The number of employees and immediate family members that have contacted ICAS
- The nature of the services used
- The topics of the enquiries, divided into private and work-related topics